Friday, September 10, 2010

Red Stick poster design


After dozens of crumpled sketches, I created this... Poseidon vs The Oil monster.
I submitted the thumbnail thinking it might be a long shot to please the festival folk and pass approval. A week passed, no word. I continued to work on other projects while thinking...maybe they can't decide how to tell me they can't stand my much more energetic and action based theme compared to last year's very successful cute jazz frogs and pretty girl theme. As it turns out, the festival folks have been having loads of e-mail troubles for a few weeks and never got my art. When they got it I got approval to go with this theme and now I'm looking forward to working on the poster more than any piece I've dedicated myself to in a very long time. Some inks coming next week. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment